Monday, July 9, 2012

Style tips from a Newlywed Fashionista on a budget!


Meet the Fabulous Hallease!  I love her style!  She keeps it fresh & easy while still having fun!! 
  • Who is your style Icon and why
I pull my style from a multitude of different people. Right now though I am really loving Janelle Monae’s style. The updated female gentleman…
That’s what I call it anyway. 
She also does a lot with her natural hair, incorporating it into her look somehow. I have had dreadlocks in my hair for almost 4 years now, and they’re finally long enough for me to start styling them along with my outfits. 
  • what are your favorite stores to shop at & why
My favorite stores are what I would define as “affordable”. The stores where you have to spend some time and really dig to find good pieces that can work in multiple outfits. Aside from the obvious Ross and TJ Max, Forever 21 is a great place to pick up quick pieces to compliment your overall look for pretty cheap. I usually run in there when I need a simple new shirt to go with another staple piece I have purchased. 
  • favorite go to piece
I love fitting everything in with a cute blazer. It can transform a very simple outfit into a business casual look. 
  • define classy and stylish
Classy and Stylish is finding what works best for your body, I see a lot of women trying to fit into fads that just do not work for the figure they have.  Finding a look that makes you exude confidence is timeless, and it comes off as stylish.  
  • Name one article of clothing you cannot live without
JEANS! I love dresses and skirts but I do not wear them that often. Jeans are my staple piece; a pair of great fitting jeans can go a long way. 
  • One Indulgence when it comes to fashion/style
Shoes!  I will definitely pay full price for an awesome pair of shoes. 
  • When it comes to your style - what is most important to you.....comfort, style & classy, or doesn’t matter as long as I look good:)
Definitely comfort, I work for a production company that makes videos for corporate and commercial businesses. I’m usually carrying very heavy equipment and cameras to a shoot, but I still need to look presentable. Dressing comfortably but professionally is a must. 
  • Favorite shopping tip
No matter what store I walk into, I head straight to the back (where the sales rack is) and work my way up towards the front (full price pieces). You’d be surprised what you can find for a bargain. 
                                             Tell us a little more about yourself

Well, I am a recent graduate of The University of Texas at Austin and majored in Radio-Television-Film. I now work at a production company based in Austin Texas called Whitney Casey Productions making promotional branding videos for corporate companies around the nation. I am also a newly wed, our one-year anniversary is in September, we have an Australian Sheppard mix (that is my baby) named Dakota, before I graduated from college I worked on Extreme Makeover: Home Edition in Los Angeles, in their post-production department. I am a very straight forward person and my style portrays that I think, very easy and simple. 

No comments:

Post a Comment